Friday, January 21, 2022

Maria Conchita Alonso

María Concepción Alonso Bustillo (born 29 June 1957 in Cienfuegos, Cuba), better known as María Conchita Alonso, is a singer, actress and former beauty queen.

I know Maria best for her acting career. She made her Hollywood film debut in Moscow on the Hudson (1984) with Robin Williams, and also starred in Touch and Go (1986) Extreme Prejudice (1987), The Running Man (1987), Colors (1988), Vampire's Kiss (1989), Predator 2 (1990) and The House of the Spirits (1993).

Maria does not do many signings so I was excited when Evolve Private Signings announced they had organised a signing in April 2021. It was not an entirely positive experience. After some delays I eventually received my autographs in December 2021. Unfortunately my name was misspelt on the Running Man photo and it looks like she 'fixed' the spelling on the other two. The character name on the Colors photo is also smudged. Nevertheless I am happy I have been able to add Maria to my collection.

Links:

Predator 2

The Running Man

Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment